- Mega Antioxidant
- Chelated Mineral
Mega Antioxidant and Chelated Mineral make up USANA’s Essentials™ of great nutrition. Mega Antioxidant is USANA’s daily vitamin and antioxidant supplement for adults. Chelated Mineral is USANA’s daily mineral supplement for adults. Together, they have repeatedly been given top rankings in the NutriSearch Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements. New USANA customers start with the Essentials to build a strong foundation of health.* You also save when ordering the Essentials for adults together in one pack!
Top-rated daily mineral supplement for adults
Chelated Mineral is a carefully formulated balance of essential minerals and ultra trace minerals sourced from the highest quality suppliers in forms readily absorbed by the body.*
THE IMPORTANCE OF MINERALS
Minerals and trace elements represent less than one half of one percent of the total nutrients we consume every day. Yet, without them, our bodies would be unable to function. Minerals balance and regulate our body chemistry, build teeth and bones, help efficiently metabolize nutrients, and provide antioxidant support. Many vitamins and enzymes also need a mineral co-factor to function properly. Each mineral plays
many roles in the body.
The most common mineral in the body, calcium is essential for healthy bones and teeth. It also is vital to many important processes in the body, including regulating the acid/alkaline balance, promoting healthy nerve and muscle function, and maintaining healthy blood flow and blood clotting, which is important for cardiovascular health.*
Because it helps regulate calcium levels, magnesium is essential for the formation and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth, which is where 70 percent of the body’s magnesium is found. It is involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates and amino acids, necessary for energy production, and it plays an important role in neuromuscular contractions. Every organ, including the lungs, kidneys, and heart, needs a proper
balance of magnesium to function optimally. It is also an activator of hundreds of enzymes essential to life.*
Iodine is a crucial component in the production of thyroid hormones, which regulate metabolism, growth, reproduction, and the synthesis of protein. Supplemental iodine is especially important for people on a vegetarian diet, those who avoid seafood, or those who must restrict their salt intake.*
A component of hundreds of enzymes, zinc is involved in carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism, as well as DNA and RNA replication. It is important for insulin production and hormone function. Zinc also acts as an antioxidant, aids in healthy bone structure development, promotes healthy immune function and healthy vision, and supports normal fetal growth.*
Selenium is an essential component of the glutathione peroxidase antioxidant system, which helps combat the effects of free radicals, such as premature aging. It plays an important role in thyroid hormone metabolism and supports a healthy immune system. In addition, many studies have shown that selenium is important for retaining prostate health.*
Copper is a critical component of the enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD), is an important antioxidant in cell cytoplasm, and acts as a catalyst in the formation of hemoglobin. Copper is also essential for collagen synthesis and healthy nerve function.*
Important for fat and carbohydrate metabolism, manganese is necessary for maintaining a healthy, normal blood-glucose balance as well as proper brain function. It is an important co-factor in the production of glycosaminoglycans, compounds that make up cartilage and connective tissues, bones, arteries, and other organs. It activates numerous enzymes, and supplementation with manganese can enhance the SOD enzyme system to increase antioxidant activity and help reduce damaging effects of free radicals.*
Today’s poor diets and unhealthy lifestyles often put stress on the body’s blood-glucose control mechanisms. Chromium is an important component of the glucose tolerance factor (GTF), which helps retain healthy glucose metabolism, provided it is healthy to begin with. Healthy insulin and glucose levels are beneficial for weight management and sustained energy levels throughout the day.*
An important co-factor for a number of enzymes, molybdenum is necessary for removing wastes and toxins from the body. It also helps strengthen teeth.*
Boron supports the body’s ability to use calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. It also plays a role in brain function.*
Vanadium helps support healthy serum glucose levels, provided they are healthy to begin with, and may also help retain healthy thyroid function.*
Maintaining a good balance of silicon in the body is important for maintaining strong bones, connective tissues, and skin health. It also supports healthy blood vessels.*
WHY CHELATED MINERAL?
Because it is one half of the Essentials—the top-rated supplements in the world—you can trust that Chelated Mineral is the best mineral supplement you can use to protect your health every day. Formulated by a team of nutritional-science experts using highly bioavailable forms of each nutrient, the USANA Essentials surpass virtually every competitor for completeness, potency, and quality. USANA is proud to be one of
only a handful of manufacturers who makes products in our own state-of-the-art facilities, which allows us to oversee the entire production cycle to ensure that our products deliver only the safest, most effective formulas for you and your family.
Top-rated daily vitamin and antioxidant supplement for adults
ANTIOXIDANTS—YOUR CELLS’ SUPERHEROES
Cell-damaging oxidative stress is caused by free radicals that come from normal cellular metabolism, exposure to pollution and toxins, stress, and poor diet and lifestyle habits. Free radicals attack our cells, gradually chipping away at their integrity, resulting in an eventual decline in health. Antioxidants neutralize the activity of free radicals to protect the integrity of our cells, which impacts every part of our body. Mega Antioxidant provides advanced levels of a wide range of antioxidants:
• Vitamins C and E, along with beta carotene (which naturally converts into vitamin A only as needed, providing the benefits of vitamin A without the risk of toxicity), are powerful antioxidants that also reinforce the activity of the others.
• Flavonoids and phenolic compounds, which are abundant in fruits and vegetables, not only provide important protection against oxidative stress, but also complement and extend the activities of other antioxidants as well. A unique bioflavonoid complex—including quercetin, rutin, hesperidin, green tea, bilberry, pomegranate, and cinnamon—plus turmeric all work to inhibit the activity of free radicals.*
• Certain polyphenolic antioxidants found in olives are not present in other common dietary sources. They are structurally distinct from the bioflavonoids and other antioxidants found in fruits and vegetables. These antioxidants are found in USANA’s patented Olivol® olive-fruit extract.
Complete, effective combinations of nutrients are needed to provide a foundation for good health. For the best results, Mega Antioxidant should be taken with Chelated Mineral. The following are a few examples of how Mega Antioxidant offers broad, balanced nutritional support for every aspect of optimal health:*
• High levels of antioxidants in the blood have been shown to help maintain cardiovascular health.*
• Vitamin E and mixed tocopherols play a critical role in protecting LDL and cell membranes from oxidation, keeping arteries healthy. Vitamin C is also helpful in maintaining healthy veins and arteries by supporting healthy tissue growth and strengthening collagen.*
• The B vitamins, especially riboflavin, folate, and vitamins B6 and B12, are fundamental to the maintenance of healthy levels of the amino acid homocysteine, provided they are healthy to begin with. Homocysteine levels have been linked to heart health.*
• Vitamin B12 is also necessary for the health of red blood cells and DNA, the genetic material in all cells. Those who do not take a supplement containing vitamin B12 are twice as likely to be vitamin B12 deficient as supplement users, regardless of age group. Coenzyme Q10 plays a key role in producing cellular energy, demand for which is especially high in the heart, making this an important nutrient for cardiovascular health. In addition, cellular-energy production requires a full spectrum of B vitamin activities.*
• Sufficient levels of vitamin D have been shown to support cardiovascular health.*
• USANA’s patented Olivol® helps protect low-density lipoproteins (LDL) from oxidation.*
VISION• Mixed carotenoids, including beta carotene, lutein, and other antioxidants, help maintain good vision.* Lutein selectively accumulates in tissues in the eye to help protect against damaging UV rays.
• Vitamin C is especially important for the retina, where the concentration of this essential nutrient is significantly higher than in the blood.
• By helping to maintain the integrity of all cell membranes, along with the digestive system and lungs, beta carotene is important for strong immunity.
• Vitamins B6, B12, and folate are critical for producing immune cells.
• Vitamin E, vitamin D, as well as vitamin C are well known for their immune-cell supporting properties.
• Vitamin D helps in the development and maintenance of mineral-rich bones and teeth. Healthy levels of this important nutrient are a key part of minimizing age-related bone loss. It also supports muscle strength.*
• Lycopene and the combination of vitamin C and bioflavonoids support healthy maintenance of many organs.
ENERGY, NUTRIENT METABOLISM
• Several B vitamins are involved in energy metabolism, helping to convert the carbohydrates, fats, and proteins we eat into fuel for our cells.
• Vitamin C helps to conserve glutathione, which is produced in the liver. The natural detoxification process can create a great deal of oxidative stress, especially in the liver. Intracellular glutathione is one of the most important antioxidants for defending cell health, and it acts as a primary detoxification element.
• N-acetyl l-cysteine can also help boost glutathione.
• Choline and inositol help metabolize fats in the liver.
BRAIN AND NERVE FUNCTION
• B vitamins are important for brain and nerve support. Folate is especially important for women who may have children. Women who consume healthful diets with adequate folate throughout their childbearing years may reduce their risk of having a child with a birth defect of the brain or spinal cord. Sources of folate include fruits, vegetables, whole grain products, fortified cereals, and dietary supplements.*
• Choline supports transmission of nerve impulses from the brain throughout the central nervous system. It is also important for memory support.
SKIN, HAIR, NAILS
• Antioxidants, such as vitamin E, help defend your cells against the oxidative stress caused by sunlight, pollution, and stress, which can all prematurely age the skin.
• Lycopene, lutein, and beta carotene play a role in supporting healthy, glowing skin.
• Inositol, as well as biotin and pantothenic acid, are fundamental to the growth of healthy skin, hair, and nails.
• Vitamin C is essential for synthesizing collagen, proteins that provide elasticity to our connective tissues, and is also important for the maintenance of muscle, joint, and tendon function.
WHY MEGA ANTIOXIDANT?
Because it is one half of the Essentials—the top-rated supplements in the world—you can trust that Mega Antioxidant is the best multivitamin and antioxidant supplement you can use to protect your health every day. Formulated by a team of nutritional-science experts using readily bioavailable forms of each nutrient, the USANA Essentials surpass virtually every competitor for completeness, potency, and quality. Our own in-house study also revealed that the Essentials provided increased levels of select nutrients over a longer period of time than some competitive products. USANA is proud to be one of only a handful of manufacturers who makes products in our own state-of-the-art facilities, which allows us to oversee the entire production cycle to ensure that our products deliver only the safest, most effective formulas for you and your family.