- Two out of three kids prefer the great new natural wild berry flavor of Usanimals
- Provides excellent nutritional support for growing children*
- Supports healthy immune function with vitamins A, C, E, and zinc*
- Includes vitamins B6, B12, folate, and choline for healthy brain function*
- Includes calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D for strong bones and teeth*
- Includes iron, thiamin, and B12 for energy*
- Easy-to-eat chewables stamped with fun animal shapes
- Usanimals provides one of the best antioxidant complexes available for protection against oxidative stress among supplements for children.*
The formative years of youth is the best time to start establishing healthy eating and exercise habits. Your kids will go wild for the wild berry taste and fun animal shapes!
Good nutrition plays a critical role in everyone’s health and is especially important for children because they are constantly growing, from birth to the end of adolescence. However, most children are picky eaters and, thus, tend to fall short on many essential nutrients at a time when they are more important than ever. Pound for pound, a 5-year-old child needs more thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamins A and C, and vitamins B6 and B12 than a 25-year-old man. The Usanimals supplement, USANA’s Essentials for kids, is an advanced formulation of nutrients necessary not only for a healthy childhood but also for laying the foundation of good health for a lifetime.
TODAY’S CHILDHOOD NUTRITION
Many studies show that children do not receive the nutrition they need from their diets. Less than 25 percent of young people eat the recommended five servings or more of fruits and vegetables each day, and nearly one-quarter of all vegetables consumed by children and adolescents are french fries. Adequate amounts of key nutrients such as zinc, vitamin B6, magnesium, and calcium are missing from the diets of more than 50 percent of children from 2 to 10 years old. Vitamins C and D are also often deficient. A quality nutritional supplement, such as Usanimals, can help ensure that none of these essential nutrients are missing from a child’s diet.
NUTRITION FOR GROWTH
Optimal nourishment in the first years of life is especially important to ensure children not only survive, but that they thrive. If nutrients are missing that are needed for general survival, the body will not have anything to direct toward growth. Growth involves much more than just the development of children’s bodies. It is an intricate balance of varying growth rates, physiological changes, and shifting hormone status. While growth in childhood is slower than in infancy or adolescence, it is the time in which physical and mental developments that will impact their entire lives are occurring.
• Bones and teeth are forming, meaning calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D are needed.*
• The health of all organs is established. Brain health is one of the most important, as it affects a child’s ability to learn new skills and behaviors, including socialization, communication, and analytical thinking. Brain health also can affect moods and emotions. Many B-vitamins, such as folate, B6, and B12, are important to healthy brain function.*
• Eye health depends on adequate amounts of antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E.*
• The health of our immune system is critical throughout life. Vitamins, minerals, as well as the unique antioxidant phytonutrient complex in Usanimals provide important defense against oxidative stress and support for healthy immune function.*
Adequate nutrition is also important for kids’ energy levels. Childhood energy output is high, with play periods that include plenty of running, jumping, and testing of new physical skills. Lack of proper nutrition can lead to lethargy and decreased curiosity or social interactions. Usanimals provides a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients in amounts designed especially for active, growing children.
With Usanimals, being healthy can be fun. Children love the fun animal shapes printed on every tablet, and the great-tasting natural wild berry flavor makes each supplement a treat. Parents love Usanimals too, because USANA uses only natural flavors and sweeteners. And because it’s from USANA, you can trust that each bottle of Usanimals is providing the safest, highest-quality supplement formulated to precise amounts based on years of nutritional expertise.
- Free of artificial flavors and sweeteners
- Pharmaceutical Quality